As you know, the 25 Old Testament scripture masteries have changed significantly from 4 years ago. Because of those changes I want to ask for your creative help in figuring out new mnemonics to help students learn the references from the key words.
Good scripture mastery mnemonics have some common characteristics. There is something in the key words, that could spark and idea or image that helps you remember the reference. An example is the picture here. In the key words, the words “Clean Hands” can help you think of the Palms of your hands (Psalms). Hands should be washed daily (24 hours in a day), before the 3-4 meals each day. So that could help a student learn the reference Psalms 24:3-4.
So I would appreciate any help. I am very open to any suggestions on any of the 25, but here is the list I am really struggling with to have a powerful mnemonic:
1. Psalms 127:3 Children are an heritage of the Lord.
2. Isaiah 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good.
3. Isaiah 58:6-7 The law of the fast
4. Isaiah 58:13-14 The Sabbath is the Lord’s holy day.
I also think these could be better:
· Moses 1:39 This is God’s work and glory
· Ezekiel 37:15-17 The Bible and the Book of Mormon are joined together.
Click on the link and you can see what I have so far. To give me your suggestions, you can comment below, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .