Here is a short explanation
1. Looks like when someone is saying “We’re #1”. But who is really #1? (God). Thus “Thou shalt have no other God’s before me.”
2. Looks like a snake. “Thou shalt not make… any graven image” Like making a serpent and worshiping it.
3. A 3 on its side bends in the middle just like the top lip. This is the commandment we break with our lips –“Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord…in vain”.
4. A four upside-down looks like a chair could be in church. Keep the Sabbath day holy.
5. The number 5 is square at the top part (fathers are square), and round at the bottom (mothers are more shapely). “Honor thy father and thy mother”.
6. The number 6 on its side almost looks like a gun. “Thou shalt not kill.”
7. The number 7 on its side could look like a bed frame. “Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8. When you steal they put you in handcuffs and handcuffs put together almost look like the number 8. “Thou shalt not steal.”
9. The 9 is made to look like a bear. “Thou shalt not bear false witness.”
10. If you bend the 1 in 10, it almost looks like a CO. “Thou shalt not COvet…”
Make sure you quiz them often by throwing out a number and they give the commandment, or vice versa.